In Episode #160, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 tips that will help you improve the reach of your podcast. Starting a podcast is not easy and improving its reach requires putting in some work. Tune in to learn tips and strategies such as growing your network, changing up your headlines, and maximizing off the traffic you get on iTunes.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Tips to Improve the Reach of Your Podcast
- 00:35 – #1: Have a following and email list AND push your content out to your channels
- 00:48 – Eric uses a podcasting host called, “List It” to push to multiple channels
- 01:15 – Email blast has also been effective for Eric and Neil
- 02:30 – #2: Show every single episode that you have recorded
- 02:50 – Eric uses MeetEdgar to schedule his posts
- 04:04 – #4: “The headlines really impact how many downloads a podcast gets”
- 04:13 – Copyblogger headline formula can give you templates to create attractive headlines
- 04:32 – Fortune’s headline generator also helps
- 04:36 – TitleCapitalization will fix your headline
- 04:57 – #5: If you have a podcast, have a blog, too!
- 05:48 – #6: The more ratings and reviews you have, the more you will get
- 06:18 – If you can get more traffic in iTunes, use it to get more views!
- 06:30 – Mention in your podcast to leave a review and rating
- 06:48 – Tim of LeadPages made The Marketing School’s intro and outro
- 07:20 – #7: Cross Promote
- 08:15 - That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Be in multiple channels and improve not just your content, but your headlines as well.
- Get feedback and ratings from iTunes—it can boost your traffic significantly.
- With the growing number of podcasters, it is much easier now to share, connect, and help one another.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: