Jan 7, 2017
In Episode #160, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 tips that will help
you improve the reach of your podcast. Starting a podcast is
not easy and improving its reach requires putting in some work.
Tune in to learn tips and strategies such as growing your network,
changing up your headlines, and maximizing off the traffic you get
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Tips to Improve the Reach of Your
- 00:35 – #1: Have a following and email list AND push your
content out to your channels
- 00:48 – Eric uses a podcasting host called, “List It” to push
to multiple channels
- 01:15 – Email blast has also been effective for Eric and
- 02:30 – #2: Show every single episode that you have recorded
- 02:50 – Eric uses MeetEdgar to schedule his posts
- 04:04 – #4: “The headlines really impact how many downloads a
- 04:13 – Copyblogger headline formula can give you templates to
create attractive headlines
- 04:32 – Fortune’s headline generator also helps
- 04:36 – TitleCapitalization will fix
- 04:57 – #5: If you have a podcast, have a blog, too!
- 05:48 – #6: The more ratings and reviews you have, the more you
- 06:18 – If you can get more traffic in iTunes, use it to get
- 06:30 – Mention in your podcast to leave a review and
- 06:48 – Tim of LeadPages made The Marketing School’s intro and
- 07:20 – #7: Cross Promote
- 08:15 - That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Be in multiple channels and improve not just your content, but
your headlines as well.
- Get feedback and ratings from iTunes—it can boost your traffic
- With the growing number of podcasters, it is much easier now to
share, connect, and help one another.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.