In Episode #59 Neil and Eric discuss the most important things you need to do before publishing a blog post. Listen as they illustrate the seven things you can do to increase your online presence, click-through rate, and drive online traffic to your blog post.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: Seven Things You Should Do Every Time Before You Publish a Blog Post
- 00:36 – First thing?—A/B test the headline
- 00:43 – Search for WordPress A/B testing plugin
- 00:50 – Why this is important
- 01:14 – Second thing?—have a very engaging image
- 01:26 – Images affect your click-through rate when running an ad
- 01:30 – Sites like StockUnlimited gives you unlimited stock photos
- 01:40 – Subscribe to DesignPickle monthly subscription plan to get unlimited design
- 01:46 – Single Grain blog
- 01:56 – Third thing?– email every single website you link out to
- 02:06 – Sending a cold email
- 02:20 – An additional note to add in the email
- 02:27 – Fourth thing? - building a promotional aspect
- 02:33 – Connect to a community that you can engage in
- 02:36 – For marketers, you can go to GrowthHackers and Inbound and share the content that you have
- 02:51 – Think about where your audience is hanging out
- 03:00 – Reddit looks out for people that are self-promotional—tread carefully
- 03:06 – Make sure your blog post adds value and you engage with people
- 03:33 – Number 5?—asking for social share
- 03:34 – Go to competitors article around the web
- 03:48 – You can also do searches at and type the keywords
- 04:07 – After finding the people who re-tweeted the articles, you can email them for social share
- 04:55 – Number 6?—ask your team to promote your blog post
- 05:23 – Number 7?—send an e-mail blast every time you release a blog post
- 05:31 – This is good traffic source
- 06:02 – Send the email 2 days later
3 Key Points:
- Utilize your resources—your team and family can help you increase traffic.
- Don’t just blog—create something of value and you’ll actually pique people’s interest.
- Increasing traffic means increasing your connections. Learn how to interact with people and return the good deed.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: