Apr 17, 2017
In Episode #260, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 SEO tasks you can
start automating today. They drop tried and true tools that
will help you automate SEO tasks—eliminating the risk for human
error and streamlining your workflow processes.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 SEO Tasks You Can Start Automating
- 00:33 – First is to use Ahrefs for link alerts
- 00:47 – It shows the new links that have been acquired by your
- 00:56 – The link alerts can be sent to you
- 01:15 – Eric shares an example of how to link build depending
on your niche
- 01:36 – Buzzsumo is a tool
that can be used for link building, too
- 01:43 – Second is to use IFTTT: If
This Then That to automate social sharing
- 02:00 – You can also time it
- 02:15 – Zapier is quite
similar to IFTTT
- 02:22 – You can hook your blog RSS feed to your Slack
- 02:47 – SEO is like Formula 1 racing where fine tuning is
- 03:03 – One of the best WordPress plugs is in Yoast
- 03:17 – If you have WordPress multi-channel, Yoast
automatically generates the site maps for each domain
- 03:42 – You can also use Zapier to hook in your RSS feed to
- 04:07 – Your content writers can internally link to the links
that you have
- 04:45 – Sixth is to sign-up for an SEO product like MOZ and OnPage
- 05:01 – It will automatically notify you when something is off
with your SEO
- 05:28 – Track your keywords using Authority Labs
- 06:18 – Go to Google
Analytics and set up alerts there
- 06:39 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Automating SEO tasks eliminates room for human error.
- SEO requires fine tuning and consistent tweaks.
- Tracking your keywords will help you improve your ranking.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.