Jul 19, 2019
Episode #1083 is another special,
extra-long installment of Marketing School. Eric discusses proven
marketing hacks that work really well. Tune in to hear this free
segment from the Marketing School Live event in LA.
- [00:54] Today’s Topic: 7 Proven
Marketing Hacks That Work Really Well
- [02:00] People get on the paid ads
hamster wheel too often.
- [02:15] People also get stuck
paying people for bad content.
- [02:55] Content MVP’s.
- [03:45] Top-performing content is
often around 2000 words.
- [04:28] People forget about
- [06:07] Problogger is
a great place to hire good writers.
- [07:30] HubSpot
hires people just to update content.
- [09:33] Zero-click
- [10:16] Eric and Neil do content
- [10:30] Spin content out into
- [13:15] Improving metadata is
- [16:20] If you are a
penny-pincher, you can use 1KProjects to
find abandoned projects in which to invest.
- [18:32] Customer data
- [18:45] These are fairly
- [19:06] The hot thing right now is
personalization and Hole.io allows you to do this.
- [22:41] Doing the right things at
the right time is important in terms of sales.
- [25:15] Chatbots.
- [27:22] Intercom
helps combine chat and email to make your marketing
- [28:20] AI for ads.
- [28:28] Pattern89
is AI for digital ads.
- [30:00] As long as you make time
to do all of these things, you will succeed.
- [30:15] Consistency is
- [31:17] That’s it for
- [31:33] We are going to take
applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing
School site for more information and to
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this
episode? If so, please leave a short