Mar 4, 2017
In Episode #216, Eric and Neil discuss the 7-point SEO
checklist. Add these pointers to your checklist of things to look
for in order to amplify your website’s SEO and boost your Google
ranking. Find out the importance of mobile usability as well as
page load speed to optimize your user experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7-Point SEO Checklist
- 00:43 – First is to use Screaming Frog
Spider and OnPage to crawl
- 01:11 – Go through your pages in your sites and find duplicates
- 01:20 – Pages with the same topics should be combined
- 01:52 – You’re sending Google conflicting data
- 02:02 – Make sure to implement accelerated mobile pages
- 02:13 – It is a better experience for users
- 02:22 – Fourth, update your most popular content
- 02:45 – Fifth is mobile usability
- 02:49 – Run Google, mobile-friendly tests on your site to make
sure your site is running well
- 03:04 – Sixth, check your bounce rate
- 03:15 – Make sure that it is decreasing
- 03:24 – As it decreases, your mobile ranking will climb
- 03:30 – Seventh is page load speed
- 03:33 – GTmetrix can analyze
your speed performance
- 03:53 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Merge pages with the same topics; then, you won’t be sending
Google conflicting data.
- Make sure your website is optimized for mobile – more people
are using smartphones than computers on a daily basis.
- Redirect traffic from the pages with lesser views to the more
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.