Jan 4, 2019
In episode #887, we discuss the
marketing lessons you can learn from Fortnite. Tune in to hear what
they did to become so successful.
We have committed to throwing a
FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing
School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate,
review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
7 Marketing Lessons You Can
Learn From Fortnite
- [00:40] Fortnite is free to play.
- [00:55] Freemium is a great way
to entice people.
- [01:12] Acquire the volume
first, then collect revenue.
- [01:30] You don’t have to be
perfect right off the bat.
- [01:40] Adapt and add new
- [02:08] Fortnite has taken
elements from other games.
- [02:41] They use channel-based
- [03:55] Don’t forget to engage
with your community.
- [04:25] Especially talk to the
most popular people in your community.
- [04:49] There’s no such thing
as bad press.
- [05:05] Neil has gotten bad
press before, but it didn’t matter. Their traffic went through the
- [05:35] Fortnite allows
- [06:10] When you allow for
that, you allow for a bigger community.
- [06:16] That’s it for
- [06:20] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting.
Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million
downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this
episode? If so, please leave a short
Connect with us: