Feb 22, 2017
In Episode #206, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 key strategies that
you must learn from Apple’s marketing. Apple stresses the
importance of keeping things simple—from their written copy to how
they display their products. Tune in to find out how Apple’s
products reach a vast audience with ease and how you can adopt
their marketing principles.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Key Strategies You Can Learn
from Apple’s Marketing
- 00:35 – First is simplicity
- 00:43 – Great design is invisible
- 00:57 – Second, rethink how you do product placing
- 01:16 – Get influencers to have product placements
- 01:42 – Third, don’t be afraid to stand-out
- 02:26 – Fourth, avoid price wars
- 02:34 – If you have a great product, price it as is
- 03:06 – Apple emphasizes why their products are amazing
- 03:09 – Fifth, have a different ecosystem
- 03:27 – “When iTunes
came out, it changed everything”
- 04:00 – Sixth, know your audience and talk to them in their
- 04:08 – Apple’s ads are simplistic
- 04:46 – Connect with the audience in a language that they can
- 04:55 – Seventh, hire people to explore the best opportunities
- 05:10 – Have the best people in your team
- 05:45 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Simplicity is everything – don’t over-decorate things.
- Know your product’s worth and don’t get into price wars.
- Have the crème de la crème in your team – do NOT settle for
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.