Feb 11, 2017
In Episode #195, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 interview questions
you should ask before hiring a marketer. There is a lot you can
assess about a potential hire from interview questions alone. How
do they respond when they’re put on the spot? What is their best
achievement to date? Tune in to find out the questions you should
be asking your future marketer and the reasons why it is important
to find someone with similar work ethic and values.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Interview Questions You Should Ask
Before You Hire a Marketer
- 00:35 – Tell me about the most impressive win in your career
- 01:00 – This is the question that Elon Musk uses
- 01:20 – What do you consider the most impressive win in your
life so far, is an alternative question for juniors
- 01:50 – The answers should match where they are in life at the
- 01:55 – What would you change with my business from my website?
How would you fix it?
- 02:20 – “In business, people have to come up with solutions at
the most inconvenient moment”
- 02:38 – Use a video interviewing tool called Spark Hire
- 03:43 – Ask, what is the most creative marketing tactic you’ve
- 03:55 – What’s the most creative marketing tactic you’ve ever
seen on the web?
- 04:48 – Come up with situational questions and see their
- 05:23 – Ask questions to see how aggressive the marketer is
- 05:45 – For example, have you ever bought paid links?
- 05:56 – What’s the shadiest marketing tactic you’ve seen or
that you’ve leveraged?
- 06:35 – Give people a homework assignment as a paid trial
- 07:26 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- The answers your interviewee gives should match where they are
at in life, at the moment.
- Ask aggressive questions and if they answer aggressively—that’s
what you’re looking for! Then, just go for it.
- Give a paid trial assignment – this will give you a clear
picture of their capability.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.