Dec 22, 2016
In Episode #144, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 creative ways to
increase Google ranking. Making your website appear on Google’s
first search page is extremely advantageous for marketers, but
achieving that rank and maintaining it is where you need to put in
the work. Tune in to know how you can successfully increase your
website’s Google ranking and the tools that will help you achieve
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Creative Ways to Increase Google
- 00:40 – First,
- 00:55 – Use a tool called MarketMuse
- 01:38 – Neil shares why MarketMuse is effective for him
- 02:00 – Second, update posts consistently
- 02:38 – Revives and increases traffic significantly
- 03:18 – Third, look at your bounce rate
- 03:50 – Check which pages have a terrible bounce rate and
improve those pages
- 04:15 – Having a lower bounce rate will increase google ranking
- 04:38 – Fourth way is by content flipping
- 05:18 – Flip a content ranking using a canonical tag
- 05:35 – Fifth way is through branded queries
- 05:52 – Google is looking at branded signals
- 06:48 – Sixth is looking at click-thru rates
- 06:50 – Better titles means better click-thru rates
- 07:10 – Lastly, make sure your website mobile compatible
- 07:35 – Use an AMP framework for more search traffic
- 07:41 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- To make your website rank well on Google, you have to know
which tactics work best.
- Branded queries play an important role in your ranking.
- People are using their smartphones way more than their
computers; therefore, mobile compatibility is not just an option,
it’s a NECESSITY.
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.