Jan 17, 2017
In Episode #170, Eric and Neil discuss 7 advanced marketing
automation tactics for your blog. Marketing automation allows you
to know your subscribers better and respond to their behavior. Tune
in to learn how advanced marketing automation can be very helpful
for your blog and what to do with those unopened emails.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 - Today’s topic: 7 Advanced Marketing Automation
Tactics for Your Blog
- 00:36 – Marketing automation is how you market and send
messages to people according to their behavior on your site
- 01:05 – First, on your thank you or intro email, add three
different links for people to see what kind of people they are (ex.
are you a beginner, intermediate, or advanced online
- 01:52 – Neil shares what he learns through automation if people
are opening your email, your open rate goes up
- 02:21 – If someone isn’t opening for 5 times on a paid email,
take the person off the list
- 02:55 – Third, make sure you have a list or campaign that
specifically targets your customers
- 03:34 – Map out the life cycle of your customers
- 03:44 – Fourth, when someone joins your email list, try buying
them in or signing them up
- 04:25 – Fifth is lead scoring
- 05:33 – Sixth, make your opt-in relevant to your service
- 06:47 – Lastly, if you can survey your audience, do it to
create a word cloud using a tool like TagCrowd
- 07:40 - That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Marketing automation is how you market and send messages to
people according to their behavior on your site
- Map out the life cycle of your subscribers.
- Make your opt-in relevant to your service to increase traffic
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.