Aug 3, 2016
Welcome to The Marketing School
Podcast—your resource to learn, grown, and nurture your passion for
online marketing! In Episode #5 Eric and Neil center the
conversation on, The
Biggest SEO Mistakes of Their Career. Enjoy!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
– Eric kicks off with blackhat, whitehat, and greyhat
– Building low-quality links to a brand-new sites
– Google’s Algorithm’s are smarter than you—they will always find
out if something shady is going on
– That being said, it’s worth it to dabble in some “shady” business
if it’s your own site as an experiment, to learn about both sides of the
– Back in the day, Neil would do whatever it would take to turn quick buck
– Don’t think short-term, you need to think LONG term
– Go whitehat and build for endurance
– Eric talks blackhat SEO in-depth
– Take blackhat tactics and use them in a whitehat
– Do not crank low-quality content
– a 35% drop in organic traffic
– Make sure you do a redesign properly or you will get crucified in
– Content is King—it’s a cliché but true
– But you NEED backlinks too
– The two biggest factors to ranking in Google?
3 Key Points:
and content, links and content, links and content!
- Dabble in blackhat on websites that you own and
don’t care about so you can better understand that side of marketing and avoid it
on things that matter.
it comes to client websites—and websites you care about in
general—think long-term and always go whitehat.
The Google Panda Penalty – An SEO penalty Neil was hit with on one of
Leave some feedback:
- What should
we talk about next? Please let us know in
the comments below.
- Did you
enjoy this episode? If so, please leave
a short review.