Dec 17, 2017
On episode #504, Eric and Neil discuss the four fundamental
things you need to master in marketing. Tune in to hear what these
four elements are and how they can massively improve your
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 4 Fundamental Things You Need to
Master in Marketing
- [00:34] Element #1: Consistency when it comes to running
- [01:10] Neil finds that what works in marketing today, won’t
necessarily work tomorrow. By running tests, you figure out what is
working and what is not.
- [01:35] For instance, Neil decided to use
Google Authentication as a method of signing up for his email
list, which produced better results than asking for names and
- [02:05] Element #2: Having a growth mindset. Looking at your
peers, assessing new options, and not being closed-off.
- [02:46] Element #3: Be data driven. Numbers are all that
- [03:21] When Neil spoke with his team recently, they listed
changes they wanted to make, but the changes weren’t based on
- [04:00] Element #4: Think about the process.
- [04:05] Google the “Toyota
Production System”, which is the method by which they make
- [04:15] Even Eric and Neil have a process for their podcast.
When you systamize things, they become easier to achieve.
- [05:00] That’s it for today!
- [05:02] Eric and Neil recommend the Problem Solvers
podcast, because there is a great episode about the Hello Fresh CEO. To listen go to
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.
Connect with us: