Jun 10, 2019
In episode #1044, we discuss
tips for better subject lines. Tune in to hear what you could be
We have committed to throwing a
FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the
details on this
website if you would
like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people,
so sign up now, if you’re interested!
DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 3 Tips
For Better Subject Lines
- [00:35] Salesloft has people sending millions of emails
- [01:33] Research shows that
subject lines with just one word out-perform the average email by
- [01:50] This casual subject
line mimics more casual emails you might receive from
- [03:15] “Hey, Jane” performs
better than just “Jane”.
- [04:00] The more “human” the
subject line, the better.
- [04:15] Emails need to be under
a certain word count to be successful.
- [04:30] Avoid bullet points, as
emails with bullet points get lower reply rates.
- [05:45] Eric isn’t sure if you
should omit opt-out links, because you will get spam
- [06:20] The more your list
engages, the better your open rates, deliverability,
- [06:35] That’s it for
- [06:40] We are almost at
capacity for our live event, so register while you still can: Check
out Single Grain for more info.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next?
Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so,
please leave a short review.
Connect with us: