Welcome to The Marketing School Podcast—your resource to learn, grown, and nurture your passion for online marketing! In Episode #2 Eric and Neil center the conversation on, Their Biggest Marketing Wins. Enjoy!
- 00:42 – Neil kicks off the conversation
- 00:55 – Authenticate sign-ups through Facebook or Gmail
- 01:29 – Eliminate the friction of signing up
- 01:53 – This ONE trick helped Neil double their sign-up numbers
- 02:18 – When you’re writing content, what is your goal?
- 02:43 – Defining the content upgrade
- 03:30 – Offering content upgrades led to a roughly 10% conversion increase
- 04:12 – Thrive—a GREAT plugin especially when combined with leadpages
- 05:25 – Link your content to detailed guides
- 05:47 – Go ABOVE AND BEYOND and you’ll have better content than your competition every time
- 06:14 – Don’t litter your guides with fluff—be detailed
- 07:05 – SEM Rush
- 07:50 – Get the traction first—you need to hit singles before you can hit homeruns
- 08:19 – Betting the house on YouTube Marketing
- 08:55 – Snapchat 10B views per day
- 09:12 – The things that require the most work are the things that have the biggest payoff
- 09:52 – Translate your content into other languages
3 Key Points:
- Most of the stuff on the internet is for English-speaking people, but most people in the world don’t speak English—translate your content.
- Go above and beyond—that which requires the most work comes with the biggest rewards.
- When you’re creating content, always be cognizant of your end-goal.
- SEM Rush – Tool Eric loves
- Thrive – a GREAT plugin recommended by Neil, particularly when it is combined with Leadpages
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: