Aug 17, 2016
In Episode #17 Eric and Neil explain what a marketing funnel is.
Then they’ll walk you through how to create your own marketing
funnel, with advice on automated tools to help you get the best
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:23 – What is a marketing funnel?
- 00:25 – Google a “marketing funnel” and see Neil’s site at the
- 01:00 – Funneling down from 100 to one or two people
- 01:44 – A marketing funnel is a great way to get people to
- 01:55 – The chances of a random person on the street to agree
to marry you vs. agree to go on a date with you
- 02:50 – Getting to know your visitors over time
- 03:10 – Collect emails and educate people to build trust
- 03:28 – They will be much more likely to say ‘yes’ a month or
- 02:55 – The top of the funnel
- 04:12 – The middle of the funnel
- 04:33 – The bottom of the funnel, closing them on an offer
- 04:49 – The importance of collecting emails
- 05:02 – Drip is an easy
email automation tool
- 05:28 – Infusionsoft has more advanced
- 05:40 – An example of how the tool is used
- 06:20 – Tracking what type of emails people open
- 06:50 – Getting people involved in a free trial
- 07:25 – Taking them through multiple funnels
- 07:55 – Infusionsoft lets you track everything so that you can
use multiple funnels
- 09:00 – You don’t have to start out with an advanced
- 09:25 – Simple processes when you’re starting out
- 10:00 – Use software later on to stay organized
- 11:20 – Keep it simple and make it more complex as it is
- 10:54 – We’ll see you in the next episode!
3 Key Points:
- A marketing funnel is a strategy to get people to convert.
- The funnel is divided into three processes, at the top, middle,
and bottom of the funnel.
- Start out with a simple funnel, and adjust that funnel until
you see success. Then you can start to make your marketing funnel
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.