Aug 16, 2016
In Episode #16 Eric and Neil talk about how to create great
links that boost your website’s ranking. Hear about specific
strategies that you can implement to create stellar links with high
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:23 – What goes into a great link?
- 00:40 – The more people link to you, the better you will
- 00:55 – Not all links are created equal.
- 01:20 – Look for domain authority
- 02:00 – Look at how relevant a link is
- 02:30 – Linking sites with related topics
- 02:55 – Do-follow links vs. no-follow links
- 03:50 –
Study by Moz: The effects of links and where you’re linking
- 04:30 – How easy is it for someone to build a certain link?
- 05:05 – Google knows the difference between user-generated
content and non-user-generated content
- 05:30 – Links that can’t be easily manipulated are much more
- 06:00 – Don’t make too many links too quickly.
- 06:38 – Continuing with the same velocity will eventually make
your ranking jump
- 07:00 – Stay consistent with your speed as you build
- 07:30 – Link Blending
- 07:40 – Mentioning other people in the same category so that
Google can recognize the relevancy of your links
- 08:30 – Getting links from high-ranked sites by using the same
- 09:40 – A Link Wheel
- 10:00 – Cross linking and multiple tiers of links
- 10:20 – All the sites are boosting each other up
- 10:45 – Apply this tactic in a “white hat” way.
- 11:30 – Check out tomorrow’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Not all links are created equal—look for domain authority and
- Use links that can’t be easily manipulated.
- Stay consistent with the number of links you are adding
throughout the life of your website.
Study by Moz: An article that discusses the effects of links
from different sources
- What should we talk about
next? Please let us know in the comments
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please
leave a short review.