Aug 11, 2016
In Episode #11 Eric and Neil discuss the value of customer
feedback. Reaching out to your audience when you’re starting your
business and as your business is developing will help your company
to continue to grow and see success. Find ways to consistently get
the truth from your customers—take even the negative feedback into
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – Why and how should you collect customer feedback?
- 00:40 – What is customer feedback?
- 01:09 – “All that matters is what your customers are telling
- 01:25 – The value of negative feedback
- 01:40 – “You can’t live in the black box.”
- 02:10 – Solve the customer’s problem
- 02:30 – Eric and Neil’s mistake when they built a blog was to
leave out the audience
- 03:15 – Customers will drive your business in the long run
- 03:30 – Why people choose certain brands
- 03:50 – “Delight your customers.”
- 04:15 – Survey your customers and your competitor’s
- 04:50 – How often do you survey your customers? – Once a month
- 05:00 – Do something about problems that come up.
- 05:20 –
Buffer and Zapier have
outstanding customer support
- 05:40 – Calling the clients to see how they’re doing
- 06:00 – Ask them: “If you had a bottomless budget, what would
you have us do for you?”
- 06:45 – Don’t freak out about negative feedback
- 07:05 – Look at the volume of good vs. bad feedback
- 07:20 – Don’t bribe people to give you feedback.
- 07:50 – You want the truth.
- 08:00 – Requesting a testimonial from a happy customer
- 08:30 – Intercom helps
you interact with customers
- 09:00 – Managing live chat on your website
- 09:30 – Leave a rating or review if you enjoyed the show
3 Key Points:
- Don’t ignore negative feedback.
- A good customer relationship will drive your business.
- Consistently take time to gather feedback and see what problems
are coming up.
Buffer and Zapier – Two
companies that are renowned for their incredible customer
- Intercom – A company
that can help you interact and get feedback from your
Leave some feedback:
- What should
we talk about next? Please let us know in
the comments below.
- Did you
enjoy this episode? If so, please leave
a short review.