In Episode #11 Eric and Neil discuss the value of customer feedback. Reaching out to your audience when you’re starting your business and as your business is developing will help your company to continue to grow and see success. Find ways to consistently get the truth from your customers—take even the negative feedback into consideration.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – Why and how should you collect customer feedback?
- 00:40 – What is customer feedback?
- 01:09 – “All that matters is what your customers are telling you.”
- 01:25 – The value of negative feedback
- 01:40 – “You can’t live in the black box.”
- 02:10 – Solve the customer’s problem
- 02:30 – Eric and Neil’s mistake when they built a blog was to leave out the audience
- 03:15 – Customers will drive your business in the long run
- 03:30 – Why people choose certain brands
- 03:50 – “Delight your customers.”
- 04:15 – Survey your customers and your competitor’s customers
- 04:50 – How often do you survey your customers? – Once a month at least.
- 05:00 – Do something about problems that come up.
- 05:20 – Buffer and Zapier have outstanding customer support
- 05:40 – Calling the clients to see how they’re doing
- 06:00 – Ask them: “If you had a bottomless budget, what would you have us do for you?”
- 06:45 – Don’t freak out about negative feedback
- 07:05 – Look at the volume of good vs. bad feedback
- 07:20 – Don’t bribe people to give you feedback.
- 07:50 – You want the truth.
- 08:00 – Requesting a testimonial from a happy customer
- 08:30 – Intercom helps you interact with customers
- 09:00 – Managing live chat on your website
- 09:30 – Leave a rating or review if you enjoyed the show today!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t ignore negative feedback.
- A good customer relationship will drive your business.
- Consistently take time to gather feedback and see what problems are coming up.
- Buffer and Zapier – Two companies that are renowned for their incredible customer support
- Intercom – A company that can help you interact and get feedback from your customers
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: