Aug 10, 2016
In Episode #10 Eric and Neil
help you decide where to start out for your first marketing job.
They weigh the pros and cons of an agency or working in house, and
they discuss what really matters most—your learning and growth.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
– What should your first marketing job be?
– Agency vs. in house
– Where should people should go? – Agency.
– The poker analogy
– Becoming a well-rounded marketer
– Getting into the agency world
– Growth potential
– Break Media
– Agency people typically have higher skills and more
– Neil’s experience at a startup
– Where’s the company at?
– “Are you growing or not?”
– Opportunities will continue to come as you learn and
– Experience is worth more than the pay
– Subscribe to this podcast and leave a rating and
3 Key Points:
- Starting at an agency will give you a better
first salary should not be as important as the experience and
opportunity for growth.
you get in the door and continue gaining experience, the
better opportunities will come.
Media (now Defy Media) – A company that produces online video
Leave some feedback:
- What should
we talk about next? Please let us know in
the comments below.
- Did you
enjoy this episode? If so, please leave
a short review.